Thursday, December 29, 2011

365 Project

I've decided to begin a 365 project come 1/1/12. I've been thinking of what form it would take for a week or so and have found it! My process was as follows...I want to be more conscientious about reaching out to others this year for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Also, I love working with paper, found language, and collage. So I'm combining them. Each day I will create a 'card' or little piece of mailable art, document it here, and mail it to...you! Here are my parameters as of right now...
1.I will create a 'card' or mini piece of art every day.
2.It can be any size, as long as it's mailable.
3.I will incorporate found/re-claimed images and or text into each one.
4.It will be photographed and posted on this blog each day.
I'm well aware that there will be days that are busy or when I plain don't feel creative. I also know there will be days when I'm tempted to make several in one day.
I like the challenge of pushing through those spaces. I look forward to this project fostering opportunities for thinking and seeing differently. If you're interested in receiving one, send your address and the special date of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment