Wednesday, February 29, 2012

365 #60 Au Revoir, February.

Here is a little thank you card. I got a few new books for materials that I'm thrilled with! This is the only color image from The Columbian Speaker for Boys And Girls, Readings and Recitations For Young People, copyright 1903. Awesome. Here is but one reason I romanticize the past. This book is full of 'Dramatic and Descriptive Selections' as well as 'Dialogues, Tableaux and Costume Readings'. All come with asides such as 'This thrilling poem ought to be given with dash and freedom of manner'.

As I said, this is the only color image in the book. The text is from The Mother Tongue, 1901.



I'm ready to say Bonjour March! Lots of good things happening. Among them my happy progression in learning conversational French. I've begun dreaming in it. Broken, present tense French, smattered with English and lots of uuuuuhhnn, pfffft, and euhhhhhhh noises to give me thinking pauses. It's glorious. C'est belle. Je suis enchante.
Also, there's the Buffalo Small Press Book Fair, which I'll be selling my goods at on March 24th from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Yay! Tres bon! Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment