Sunday, March 18, 2012

365 # 78 He Drank His Way through Belgium

A little card about Dwight's equal opportunity love of hops and barley. The photo of the cans along the bottom is part of a (poor quality) print from a brewery tour I took in Brugge.
It was 72 degrees here yesterday! We stood in the sun feeling lucky as we watched the traditional St. Patrick's parade in the Old first Ward. There were bagpipers and kilts and floats with port-a-potties right on them. There were curly-hair wigs on little jig dancers and everywhere, the color green.
Then there was feasting and front porch sitting and people watching and laughter. I did my very first Irish jig, and received a completely unsolicited compliment from a stranger. Perhaps I ought take up Irish dancing, I wonder if it is too late?

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I like the beer cans at the bottom. Sounds like a lovely day yesterday! And just remember, "It's never too late to be what you might have been.", that includes an Irish jig dancer! :)

    ReplyDelete