Monday, July 30, 2012

Buffy..and the beginning of the end.

*SPOILER ALERT*

We have finally arrived at the final 5 episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer..season 7. Last night we watched Andrew filming his documentary, 'Buffy, Slayer Of The Vampeer' (laughs), we watched Spike re-live his Mama trauma (tears), we watched Faith get all snarky (eye rolls). We watched Xander and Anya give it one last go (sigh), and we met Caleb (shudder), which led to us watching Xander lose an eye (ew). It was a big night. Carra was full of dramatic vocalizations of despair and an occasional wailing of 'I'm sorry, Flo!', as well as flurries of commentary about Caleb's utterly repulsive evil-ness book ended by stony silence and a refusal to look at me when I asked questions. I've taken to just making wild predictions and then staring her down. 'No! Spike can't kill Principal Wood...he's got a soul now!!' Staring, staring as Carra breaks a sweat trying not to give anything away.
We've decided to watch the final five episodes in one day. Or to try anyway. We'll start early and take breaks to cry and process. We'll eat really healthy food and drink lots of fluids to stay strong and hydrated. We'll have a safe word for the very real potential of grief and horror overload. I offered to watch the end on my own, but Carra won't let me. It's too traumatic and beautiful to watch alone.
And so, I sing...
 'What can't we face if we're together?
What's in this place that we can't weather?
Apocalypse... we've all been there,
the same old trips, why should we care?'


No comments:

Post a Comment