Wednesday, August 1, 2012

dog. cat. buffy. sleep.

I'm tired. Dog tired. Why dog tired? My cats sleep an awful lot. Sometimes they can barely raise their heads to acknowledge me. Cat tired. Maybe it's because dog's are tired due to physical exertion and cats are tired due to...genetics.

Today I...scrubbed the grease off of a refrigerator, a stove, a wall, and a hot water heater (which is sitting right in the kitchen,next to the stove). I scrubbed cupboards, counters, and a kitchen sink. It took four hours, and it's a fraction of what has to be done by...Friday?! I thought I had till Saturday...but I was wrong. Next there will be cleaning the bathroom. Then...painting. Usually when we have to paint a recently vacated apartment, that means a room or two. No. This little two bedroom carriage house gets paint in every room. Every Room, Every wall. Oh, mercy. I'm not the spring chicken I once was, and here I am. Complaining to all two of you. I can't help it. I'm tired. Photos on Instagram tomorrow. Not of my exhaustion. Of the carriage house.

I can only briefly touch on the fact that Carra and I finished watching Buffy. And it was terrible and wonderful and there was hope and loss and all of the potentials become powerful girls and women and it made me cry.

And now..to sleep. Perchance to dream..of paint colors and Magic Erasers...

No comments:

Post a Comment